Why Lobsters?

As we're sure most of you are wondering, where did "Wandering Lobsters" come from? To put it simply, it's a reference to an episode from the sitcom, Friends, where the character Phoebe explains her lobster theory to show how she knows Ross and Rachel were meant to be. She states, "It's a known fact that lobsters fall it love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples walking around there tank holding claws." We picked up the nickname ourselves when we first started dating in college, and for whatever reason it has stuck with us since then.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5 Months and Counting....

As of yesterday, there are only five more months before Sam and I take off on our "Big Trip" for 6 months!  When I say it out loud, 5 months seems like a lot of time, but I know the time is going to fly and there is still so much to do!

Sam is working out of town about 2 hours away almost all week, so it's up to me to take care of everything with the house.  Except I have these two distractions next door that call my attention as soon as I get home from work (did you see the picture in the last post??).

There's still lots of planning to do, and somehow, each of us will be traveling three different times before the big day is here.  We have Sam's sister's wedding, and both of us have to study for licensing/certificate exams that we'll be taking in October right before we leave.  Did I mention I signed up for the half marathon in Indy 8 days before we go?? (yelp!)

The next 5 months is going to be a WHIRLWIND,  but there's so much to look forward to and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment